In keeping with the simple theme this week we turned to one of my favorite magazines, Real Simple for this recipe!
These chicken sausage and peach skewers were beyond easy! We had some chicken sausage leftover in our freezer that we needed to use up so this was the perfect recipe. Plus it cut back on the grocery budget this week! We had green beans earlier this week but this recipe was a little different and we a bought a ton of green beans (the type we like, haricot vert, only came in a huge bag) so we needed to use them up as well! Like I've said before it is a good idea to buy things you can use several times throughout the week to help with the budget...with green beans you can put whatever type of sauce you want on them to change up the flavors.All you need is:
- 1lb green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 3 tablesoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 fully cooked chicken sausage links, cut into 1inch pieces
- 2 peaches, pitted and cut into wedges
- 8 ounces of french bread, cut into 1 inch pieces (we used Torta Rolls from Costco)
- Wooden or metal skewers
- Soak your skewers in water for about 10 minutes if you are using wooden ones and heat up your grill.
- Steam your green beans either on the stove top for 6 minutes or in the microwave for 4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine mustard, 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the green beans and toss to coat.
- In a large bowl, toss sausage, peaches, and bread with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the skewers, turning ocassionally, until the sausage is heated through and bread is toasted..about 5 to 6 mins.
Dinner is done and the rest of the night is free to do what we need to do!