Monday, July 30, 2012

Weekly Menu: 7/29 to 8/2: Going Red-Meatless...and some peachy goodness

This week is all about veggies and chicken. 

We are steering clear of red meat in our house for a little bit! I'd rather not focus my blog on the terrors of foods so I will refrain from my tangent on red meat! I will say this though, buy only GRASS FED BEEF if you plan on eating red meat!!!Really that goes for any meat...buy free range, organic etc. I find this extremely important when it comes to red meat though!

You never want to eat too much of one thing anyway so its good to switch it up the meats in dinner selections. There is so much you can choose from...and if you don't want to do a meat dish opt for hearty veggies that will fill you up like mushrooms!

Weekly Menu 7/29-8/2
  • Heirloom Tomato and Feta Open Faced Sandwiches
  • Orecchiette Pasta with Melon, Pancetta and Feta
  • Orange Marmalade Chicken with Arugula and Potato Salad
  • Herb Roasted Chicken with Tomatoes Pan Sauce
  • Orzo Pasta with Pesto and Chicken
  • Peach Cobbler
 I'll admit we went a tad overboard on the chicken dishes this week. We wanted to do the pesto pasta with shrimp but we had chicken to use up and wanted to stay within our budget! Next week we will certainly be incorporating a little more variety!  

Stay tuned for recipes and tips from this weeks menu! 

I'll leave you with a glance at our peach cobbler from Alex's peach pickin' adventure on Sunday! 
I am not normally a fan of pies and cobblers but it seems like when you have 30 some peaches in your house you it is kind of expected to make a peach cobbler!
Happy Cooking


No comments: